Learn About Skull Fractures & Lawsuits
In the event a severe head trauma gets suffered, in many instances, it will result in a skull fracture. Breaks like this are not uncommon in serious car accidents. The human skull is strong. But taking a serious impact to your head will cause the skull to break or fracture. When the skull does crack the individual’s brain is at risk to sustain serious injury.
The victim may have the legal right to seek damages and recover compensation after a negligent skull fracture. Plaintiff can get payment for current and future medical expenses. So things like loss of wages, pain and emotional suffering are compensable. Parties can also go after cash for other related damages. So learn about your legal options. And if you have suffered this type of injury, contact skull fracture attorneys. Do so as soon as possible.
Types of Skull Fractures.
There are different types of skull fractures. And depending on the type there may be different symptoms. So treatments and damage to the brain can differ.
- Simple Skull Fracture: This occurs when the skull bone breaks, however there is no damage to the skin.
- Compound Fracture: This is a break in the skull bone and possibly skin with the bone splintering.
- Penetrating Skull Fracture: This occurs when an object penetrates the skull. So it ends up resulting in an injury involving the brain tissue.
- Depressed Skull Fractures: This results in the cranial bone portion to getting depressed or crushed toward the brain.
- Linear Skull Fracture: A break in the skull bone. It appears as a thin line without splintering or depression of the bone.
Head Injury and Possible Skull Fractures.
Head injuries can have serious symptoms. And when an individual sustains this kind of harm, seeking medical treatment is essential. Medical attention is the only way to rule out the possibility of a skull fracture. So this is very important after an accident involving a head injury.
The symptoms of head trauma and possible skull fracture include:
- Loss of consciousness
- Vision issues
- Slurred speech
- Difficulty with balance
- Stiff neck
- Changes in pupils—either unequal sizes or non-responsive to light
- Bleeding at the site of impact, the eyes, ears or nose
- A bump or bruise on the location of impact on the head—may take up to 24 hours to appear.
Risks Associated with Cranium Fractures.
The person who suffers a cranium fracture has a higher risk of brain damage, along with other complications including death. This is a serious kind of harm that can have other debilitating medical issues.
Head injuries with possible skull fracture can involve a contusion or bruising of the brain tissue if a skull fracture occurs. Contusions are distinguished by an area of the brain tissue that is swollen and mixed with blood from broken blood vessels.
Hematoma in skull fractures or traumatic brain injuries is a heavy bleeding around or into the brain which can result in serious damage to a major blood vessel in the brain.
There are three types of conditions of hematomas.
- Intracerebral: this is a bleeding within the brain.
- Epidural: This is bleeding in the area between the cranium and dura.
- Subdural: This is a bleeding between the dura and arachnoid membrane. Infection is a serious complication with many types of injuries and a serious risk for the person suffering a skull fracture. When a head injury point of impact is at the base or back of the skull it can result in fractures that cause tears in the layers of tissue covering the brain, which is where bacteria can enter the skull resulting in infection and brain damage.
Southern California Skull Fracture Attorneys.
Head trauma from an accident is always serious and in some cases severe including skull fractures. But often it takes time to know the extent of the harm done. Also, the same goes for knowing the resulting emotional trauma and financial losses. So when a skull fracture is sustained due to the actions of another party it is advisable to consult an accomplished legal professional. Do so as soon as possible.
All Accident Require Healing
Any type of accident, whether it is a car crash, slips and falls or another kind of incident requires healing afterward. So if it results in harm such as a cranium fracture, concentrate on healing. Let our seasoned attorneys focus recovering compensation for the damages from the negligent party. After all, it was their actions that caused the harm. Ehline Law Firm skull fracture attorneys have the litigation experience and resources necessary to handle this type of case. Why should you waste your own time. Now you can get better and we do for you what we have successfully done on behalf of other injured victims.
Attorney Michael Ehline and the firm are dedicated to protecting the rights of those suffering harm. So if you got hurt due to the actions of another individual or entity in California call us. We believe when anyone sustains injuries and damages deserve top-notch legal representation. And this is despite their financial status. We work with rich and poor alike. So to ensure this is possible, our law firm works on a contingency basis. This means there will be no upfront legal fees when we take your case. Once we recover monetary compensation then we receive our legal fees.
Have questions about filing a claim for a skull fracture injury? Contact the law firm to schedule a free consultation. Most of all, have your case evaluated to learn about the best course of action to take in your case. Call the Ehline Law Firm toll-free. Hence, you can contact (888) 400-9721 today for information about your legal rights.