LA’s Top 5 Personal Injuries
L.A. is a huge County and central to California’s economy. The dense population alone means that someone is going to tangle with another at some point. The density of the streets, paths, and sidewalks mean that accidents happen consistently. Sometimes irreparable harm is the outcome. In fact, Greater LA subsumes parts of the OC and Inland Empire. So there are 34,000 square miles of territory where a person can be hurt at any time.
And there are 19 million residents, and even more visitors transiting to and from these areas at any given time. There are shipping hubs and ports located throughout. So naturally, accidents take place on the land, air and sea on a regular basis here when someone is negligent or careless.
- In 2014, the California Department of Public Health reported 546,741 unintentional injuries that hospitalized Residents of Los Angeles County aged 1-85.
The top 5 personal injuries in Los Angeles during the same period were as follows:
- Slips and falls.
- Being Struck by an object.
- Occupants in Motor Vehicle Accidents.
- Cutting and Piercing.
Accidents challenge us in our day to day activities differently.
An accident is an undesirable incidental, and unplanned event that could have been prevented had circumstances leading up to the accident been recognized, and acted upon, before its occurrence. Most scientists who study unintentional injury avoid using the term “accident” and focus on factors that increase risk of severe injury and that reduce injury incidence and severity (Robertson, 2015). (en)
So for example, distractions, not paying attention, etc., are the focus of what causes accidents. And many of these mishaps can devastate our lives permanently even though they were really “avoidable.” The long-term impact of a severe accident may vary, however. So stress related injuries at work will also be different than in car collisions, just as a slip and fall will vary in outcomes from a drowning hazard. Also, when victims face physical wounds, psychological trauma usually follows. Same goes for the expenses connected with medical care and lost work.
Typical outcomes of personal injuries are:
- Part time or permanent bodily harm coupled with lessened mental and physical ability.
- Personal and commercial property destruction.
- Costly medical care and treatment.
- Lack of ability to go back to work, or not becoming hired for a new job in the workplace.
- Getting stressed out, depressed or anxious regularly.
Auto and other liability insurance are supposed to place us at ease. In fact, you are paying for a feeling of certainty when you think about it. Our experience has been that when push comes to shove, most insurance companies do not act in good faith. In other words, when their insured gets hurt in an accident, they play hardball.
For instance, a common ploy is for the adjuster to try and make a low-ball settlement offer. In other words, they try and pay less than the case is worth. But if they attempt this, our top Los Angeles personal injury lawyers are ready to act.
In fact, a skilled personal injury attorney knows how to measure the value of the compensation you have coming. In part, this is done by computing your actual monetary losses by placing a value on your pain, anguish, and suffering. So were you injured in an unfortunate accident?
If so, never speak to the insurance company without a lawyer. In other words, call a personal injury attorney. This legal expert will be able to handle all aspects of your case. Furthermore, a Los Angeles personal injury attorney can deal with those same insurers in your case he has also dealt with before.
So your representative already knows the ins and outs of this or that insurer. But if that fails, know that we can easily navigate your case through the court system.
Are You Seeking Los Angeles Personal Injury Attorneys?
Most accident victims remain in a haze following their calamity. So in this confused state, they either fail to act promptly, or they fail to act at all. Taking steps to protect their legal rights is the one this they must do to secure their future. An excellent method of achieving this is to seek legal protection from a personal injury law firm. Generally speaking, this should be an experienced personal injury attorney group. More often than not, this organization will have the ambition, knowledge, and financial backing to take a case all the way through.
How Does a PI Lawyer Prove Fault?
To establish legal liability, a personal injury attorney will need to determine where the fault lies for the incident. In California Courts, there is a formula used to determine fault using the law of negligence. CA Civil Code Section 1714 covers the elements of negligence.
To prove that someone was negligent, you have to show:
“The elements of a cause of action for negligence are well established. They are “(a) a legal duty to use due care; (b) a breach of such legal duty; [and] (c) the breach as the proximate or legal cause of the resulting injury.”[Emphasis.]
What are Some Ways an Injury Lawyer Helps?
- A lawyer helps people harmed by the negligence of others. But many attorneys are less qualified than others in personal injury law matters. The object is to retain the lawyers most qualified to help with your case. Not only will they have years of experience, but they will also maintain motivated staff members to assist you when the attorneys are trying cases.
- So your accident lawyers must be specialists personal injury claims. The best thing to do if you were hurt in a motor vehicle accident is hiring a specialist lawyer with experience helping prior similar incidents.
- Last but not least, your personal injury lawyers must have a proven track record of success. A record of winning can mean everything. So time in grade as a lawyer is far less important than historical outcomes. Results like earning monetary compensation victims, and how much, should weigh greatly in your hiring decision. A past history of winning is a reliable indicator of future victories. Most of all, prosperous lawyers retain help from specialists in their prospective fields. That way they have expert opinions to help with trial preparation. Front loading a case with all this information makes it better for trial. The insurance company is more likely to pay a fair amount when the lawyer goes the extra mile. A great lawyer will investigate the accident scene and even hire investigators to take pictures and get witness testimony. Accident reconstructionists can then use this data to recreate a simulated video of the accident. If the Plaintiff makes a compelling case recreating the unfavorable event, the case could settle and avoid the necessity for a jury. This is always in the interests of judicial economy and helps the client move on.
- Our philosophy is placing clients first. The first intangible quality clients should look for is compassion. Without this trait, you will have no confidence. So as soon as you hear the lawyer over the phone, you must detect spirit and discipline. If you sense it, meet face to face. Anytime you get hurt, your lawyer needs to hustle. A good lawyer gets a good settlement. But a great lawyer wins huge settlements. They need to make a case file immediately. Next, they must hit the streets to gather evidence.
In fact, Ehline Law Firm Personal Injury Attorneys, APLC are motivated to go anywhere to get your case signed up. Our attorneys have been known to meet victims at their offices, homes or hospitals to sign up their cases. Ehline is committed to doing so 24-7 days per week.
With convenient offices located throughout the Golden State, we know we can meet. If we take the case on, we can advance the costs and fees. We may even be able to help you find a medical doctor to work on a lien. So that way you can get treatment now. As always, we offer a no recovery no fee promise with our legal services. So you pay us no contingency fee unless we win.