The motorcycle lawyers at Ehline Law are dedicated to victimized riders. Our clients are people injured from a vehicle passenger or driver opening a car door into oncoming traffic. Our clients were tossed from their cycles and seriously hurt. Because drivers failed to check if the coast was clear before opening the door, our clients got hurt.
Our job is helping riders like you who rode into car doors and wrecked. These clients of ours include bicyclists and motorcycle riders.
Our staff and attorneys help secure you the compensation you are entitled. Above all, we have pledged ourselves to the victims of open car door motorcycle accidents. As a result, we advise you in the methods of securing monetary compensation. After all, this is what you rightfully deserve for your pain and suffering.
What we do here is work with our clients like part of our legal team. So hire us and help us devise a strategy to win your insurance or court claim.
BMW M3 open car door. Car door swung open.
Table of Contents:
Common Causes of Open Car Door Motorcycle Accidents.
No doubt, the defendant will argue the sun was in his or her eyes, or that bad weather prevented a proper sight picture. So they didn't see the oncoming rider. But the truth is, there can be many excuses for open car door cycling accidents. Afterward, only a few defenses may be valid.
The bottom line is that a fixed object like a car door opened into a rider’s path is almost always avoidable. Of course, this requires people using the roads to exercise reasonable care. When a vehicle door is swung open, the rider will usually only have seconds to react.
Motorcycle Accidents Are No Joke.
Typically the rider either lays the bike down or is thrown violently. Afterward, he or she usually impacts into another stationary object. So it could be a curb. But more often than not, the victim slides along the asphalt or cement. So road rash and missing skin are common. Also, averting a crash like this is nearly impossible. This is no joke. So caveat emptor
There are some considerations riders should be on the lookout for at all times. Knowing these allows them to mitigate or eliminate a vehicle door opening into their pathway. Commercial trucks are notorious for wide and high up doors. So these can cause facial lacerations and broken jaws. Some things wary bikers should look out for include:
- Litter, trash, and other debris. So look out for items like remains of a previous wreck. Anticipate an unrepaired pothole. If it's too late, you get thrown or take evasive action. If the bike veers too close to vehicles, a risk of the door swinging open presents itself.
- Illegally parked vehicles – Such as a delivery van that is blocking the visibility of a parking lot exit, or on the shoulder of the road.
- Motorcyclists themselves should take extra efforts to avoid riding closer to the right-hand side of the road when negotiating right hand turning maneuvers into driveways, avenues, and streets.
- Bad Weather – Inclement weather is bad news for riders. They must slow down, and observe the road conditions like a hawk. Better yet, find a way to get off the roads until visibility improves. But if forced to ride, they must pay close attention to vehicles that are capable of swinging open their doors into oncoming traffic.
- People ingressing or egressing near vehicles parked to the side of your path can fail to use the rear view mirrors. Or they could fail to look behind and in front of them before entering the side of the conveyance facing the motorcyclist.
Common Injuries Associated With Open Car Door Motorcycle Accidents.
As discussed, many riders are thrown into the air upon impact. Flying through the air with the wind knocked out of you prevent you from landing in a stable position. Often, depending upon speed, riders may land on their heads. At this point, they may sustain severe injuries to their spinal column.
The faster the speed on impact traditionally means a more serious outcome. But no matter how good the protective riding gear may be, injuries happen.
Non-exclusive list of the most common injuries our firm assists fallen riders with.
- Neurological damage and enhanced pain receptor impulses, causing permanent and excruciating pain to the survivor.
- Brain and skull injuries.
- Internal bleeding, lacerations, friction burns and deglove injuries.
- Physical mutilation and permanent scars, including limb amputation, missing digits like toes, fingers and joints, hands, feet, nose, and other appendages, even loss of a penis or testicles.
- Serious spine injuries like tetraplegia and paraplegia. This could go all the way down to the less severe whiplash type claims.
But these are just a few of the examples of what riders face. Out there on the mean streets, anything could happen. No matter what, once you are medically capable, consult with a caring and reliable Motorcycle Injury Lawyer at Ehline Law Firm.
We are 100% devoted to meaningfully helping you out. Your situation matters. With more than 1o years as a rider and personal injury attorney, Michael Ehline is a force without equal. So when it comes to battling and winning in and out of court, hire him.
We Offer Our Goodwill to Build Your Case.
Our attorneys have the respect of insurance adjusters and past clients. Anyone who suffered riding injuries is a friend to Ehline. We fight like fierce lions when going up against ivory tower defense attorneys. And we will not hesitate to take your case all the way to trial. So if the defendants won’t play ball, we take it to the next level.
The goal in every case remains giving each client the zenith in legal assistance and windfall type outcomes. So when the scales become tipped against you, you can count on Ehline to obtain the MAX compensation under the law. Also, depend on us to do so within the shortest period possible. So that way, you can deal with your personal affairs. Hiring us helps get your life back on track.
If someone was faced with a terrible crash, we want to schedule a hassle free, no obligation phone consultation. Let Ehline Law guide you to a just legal victory. Call (213) 596-9642.
Back to the Top