Veteran Owned Accident Firm Fights For Your Personal Injury Rights.
Free Phone Consultation. No Win - No Fee.
CALL (213) 596-9642

Los Angeles Tort Claims Act Lawyers | Metro Area

If you seek to sue a government agency (like the State of California, the County of Los Angeles, or a city), first you have to file a written claim with the official, designated office. Some agencies require applications to get lodged with the City Clerk. But before you can file a lawsuit, you must make a claim. And unforgiving time restrictions are at play.

Many government agencies use their forms. So make sure you use the right form. Fail this step, and you could lose the case. So take a look at the rules. Resources are online if you spend some time to learn. But you can also telephone the agency in question. Usually, they can inform you of your rights and obligations.

Skilled Lawyers Help Fight the Power.

Facing down a severe accident or injury is hard enough. The experienced injury attorneys at the Ehline Law Firm are ready to help. And you need help during this hard time. We have experience in tort claims against government defendants. So we can help you sue for things like failing to fix potholes.

Same goes for bad lighting or inadequate warning signage. And lawyers can discover other factors that could have caused injury.

The City has its form here as does the County for making a grievance. And this is how you start the govt claims process. Our attorneys are familiar with the local court structure and government agencies. And we stand ready to fight for your rights.

US DOT and Michael Ehline
Ehline attends the US traffic safety hearings.

Quick Reference:

Tort Claims Act Specialist.

Frequently, personal injury cases involve a reckless or negligent party. So that will result in injuries to another. In these cases, the person is the city, county, or state is sovereign. So normally they are immune to these types of cases.

But if the case involves civil rights or other cases, victims can file later. Under 42 U.S.C. Section 1983 this is possible. And no one has our knowledge of the law and civil rights violations. We take steps to preserve your rights.

What is a Government Tort Claim?

If California or LA is negligent, it is hard to sue. It requires a written claim first be lodged against the offending agency. Second, the statute of limitations that inhibits suits. Also, some cities require specific forms. And the most skilled attorneys can work through the myriad of factors.

Why You MUST Retain a Government Claims Attorney.

Need a savvy, specialized tort claims act attorney? If so, Ehline Law stands ready. Our reputation was built fighting and winning. And we have done so with hundreds of cases across.

We can take on city or state agencies. So we sue them if they violate rights. So if civil rights are harmed, or public property is poorly maintained, we can help.

We will work within or around the statute of limitations. Our experienced lawyers have jumped through these hoops before. And we have won for our clients.

We consider these consumers our friends and partners. Let us make sure that it is not rejected on a technicality. Plus we don’t win unless you do. So reach out at (213) 596-9642.

Back to the Top

Ehline Law Firm Personal Injury Attorneys, APLC

633 West 5th Street #2890

Los Angeles, CA



Phone: (213) 596-9642

Let’s work

Ehline Law Firm
Personal Injury Attorneys, APLC

633 W 5th St #2890
Los Angeles, CA 90071

Find a Dedicated Lawyer Today! Call 24 Hours 7 Days Per Week.

View the Map & Driving Directions

Personal Injury News

Stay Informed